If your question is not found here, contact us.
How do I prepare?
The home will need to be vacant during the dry fog process, so plan a place for you and your pets to be during the services. Check out this blog post for simple ways to best prepare for the treatment.
Absolutely. The products are “green” and non-toxic. People and pets need to be out of the home for about 6-8 hours during the treatment. Your belongings (including electronics) can all stay.
Our patented technology creates a 7.5 micron sized particle. A mold spore is between 12 and 30 microns. Thus, any place a mold spore can get in or out of, the fog will penetrate those areas. In special situations where there is a known issue behind a wall, we can poke a few 1/8 inch holes between the studs and treat the back of the wall directly.
If all moisture and water issues are resolved, this is a very permanent solution. With minor water issues like occasional high humidity or condensation on windows, the antimicrobial treatment inhibits mold growth. It is important to mitigate moisture as best as possible at all times by running any built in fans (bathroom, kitchen) and a dehumidifier suitably powered for the space. All build environments require attention to manage potential future mold issues whether it is newly built or several decades old.
Are the products used safe?
Will it get behind the walls?
How long does it last?
The stains that the mold has created will not go away or change during or after treatment. If you want, you can paint after the treatment as everything will be perfectly safe to handle at that point.
High filtration HEPA vacuuming/wipe down post treatment services are available. Please ask for this service to be included in your quote.
What will the mold look like after the treatment?
The EverPURE chemical we use has been FDA approved for food contact, but to retain the fresh taste of your produce you may want to place it in a zip lock bag or refrigerator.
Can I leave food out on the counter?
Services start at $1.25 per square foot for up to 1,000 square feet and then there is a sliding scale where the per square foot cost decreases.To get an exact price to treat your home or office space contact us to schedule a free estimate.
How much does the treatment cost?
If the room you are concerned about is isolated and doesn't exchange air with the rest of the house, then no, whole home treatment may not be necessary. But, if that room does exchange air with the rest of the home then yes, whole home treatment will be recommended. Visible mold is often evidence that airborne mold levels are high (in the home and HVAC duct work) which can cause negative health effects.
Why do you recommend treating
the entire premises?
Do you provide any guarantee?
Do you have a referral program?
Yes. When we perform a whole home treatment we guarantee that mold will be brought back to a healthy level - if this doesn't happen, we'll re-treat your home.
Additionally, we provide a one-year warranty on whole home treatments that is transferable to new owners (as long as the original moisture issue is resolved prior to treatment or a new moisture problem doesn't occur on the property).
Yes! We appreciate the efforts our clients make to spread the word about what we do. If we acquire a new client due to your referral we will send you $50 for every 1,000 square feet of the building we are treating. For example, a storage facility at 4,000 square feet translates to a $200 referral bonus to you! A 10,000 square foot building equals a bonus of $500. (Maximum bonus is $500 and the bonus is payable within 30 days of receipt of final payment for service.)